Friday, June 27, 2014

Live and Unplugged



 
In June, I was fired from a job that meant the world to me, and I’m in a lot of pain and confusion from it.  I decided to unplug from social media to take time to heal myself, and to re-engage with my life and my children in real time.

I knew I needed a major life shift when my eight-year-old son said to me, "Mommy, I don't mean to hurt your feelings but I'm glad you got fired. Now you can be my mom, again."

After I deactivated my facebook page, a few of my friends texted or called thinking I had defriended them -- I am truly sorry for this misunderstanding!

I'm spending my time doing yoga, hiking, meditating and doing a lot of praying to find clarity.

Facebook has too many painful reminders for me right now, but I really miss my friends. Please do keep in touch with me here or through email: hollyedexterwrites@gmail.com

I truly miss seeing your pictures of your cute kids and fur-babies, and hearing about your good days and bad. 
This is where I have been:

Hiking in the Idyllwild Forest with my boys.

Laying in a chaise lounge, staring at trees and listening to the wind rustle their leaves.
Helping Troy build a treehouse for the boys

Finishing my book.

Sending you all so much love.


6 comments:

  1. you are loved. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hollye,
    I'm glad you are doing what you need to do. I think we should all unplug once in awhile. There must be something in the air ... I just had a long conversation with an old acquaintance of mine who doesn't own a computer and makes anyone who visits his house leave their cell phones in a box outside. He is one of the most centered people I know, and he said it's the only thing he can do to slow down the pace of this crazy world so he can smell the roses.

    Take good care of yourself. You have a lot of love energy coming your way, FB or no FB, because you a fantastic person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would like your friend very much, Liz. Of course he must be a great guy if he is your friend.
      Love to you...

      Delete
  3. Love you back Hollye. I hope you find what you're looking for ... will keep you in thought and send love through the ether.
    XOXO
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel that ether-love Debbie. I really do. Thank you, beautiful girl.

      Delete

I love hearing your point of view- thank you for taking the time to comment and be part of the conversation!
love,
Hollye