Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Your Earth

Today I am using my blog to out a friend. You see she's a wonderful poet and artist, but like I once was, she's in the "closet" with her writing. Oh, she's had a few things published here and there, but that's her secret. She never lets anyone know...

So here is a Poem by my good-as-gold friend, who reads and edits for me all the time....

By CINDY SLEMAN:

Your Earth

I want to explore your Earth,

tunnel you like a mole,

overturn your rocks

and watch your insects scamper,

submarine my hands in your muddy sea,

get you under my fingernails,

in my kneecap creases,

around my taproots.

I want to taste you in the rings

of ruby beets,

smell your raw stew

brewing in skywater,

feel your grit in my grassy eyes

washing you out.

I want to weed you,

dig you,

tuck you in,

blanket you in moonshine,

be your evergreen,

your grandiflora bouquet.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful! it amazes me to find new poets that create beauty under the radar. thanks for introducing me to her....! Love Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPS :) this was posted under my son's account--it's supposed to be under mine: Lori Landau. Would love to friend your friend.....

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your point of view- thank you for taking the time to comment and be part of the conversation!
love,
Hollye